Wednesday, February 4, 2009

First time on set!!

I'm currently attending Downey Adult School Makeup Academy. I am in awww of my training! We have a different type of photoshoot weekly and we also are sent out on externships. So today, I am Exhausted!! Yesterday a group of us were sent to a movie set to get experience on Set Etiquette. The day was SO exciting, long, and very informing. I had the pleasure to work with Combat Casting, check them out at, http://www.combatcasting.com/



The film we were working on is called 'Poet's War'. The Key MUA (makeup artist) is Kris Dukes, check her website out at, http://www.krisdukes.com/ She taught us Movie Set Etiquette and a Whole lot of makeup tips and tricks. The experience was out of control, A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.......... I can't stress it enough. I was in amazement with the whole production, from the early morning start, the speedy makeup application to have the actors ready to roll, the food-the food-the food (lol, I liked the food!), my position on set, my professionalism on set, my organization on set, my energy level on set (keeping the energy level up for a 11 to 15 hour day is no joke), to the connection between the makeup department and all the others.



I learned so much and loved all of it. I truley want to get into the movies and t.v. industry, but not sure I can work the hours and destination and keep my family time the same as I have it. We shall see where my journey takes me......